Tuesday 14 February 2012

Charcoal Pineapple tart (open face)

Every year, I tried to bake different types of cookies for CNY celebration but a MUST HAVE is pineapple tart.   As this is my family's favourite cookie and also this is the only time that I will eat pineapple.

I have baked this Bamboo Charcoal Pineapple tart back in 2010 but realized that I didn't note down the recipe until now.



I thought it might be nice to revisit this idea as I always have a problem making open face pineapple tart and that experience was a successful one but unfortunately, since I didn't note down the recipe, I have nothing to keep on file.

Thus I decided to experiment further.

What you need:

290g plain flour
10g milk powder
10g bamboo charcoal
200g butter, unsalted
25g icing sugar
2 egg yolks
½ tsp salt

Pineapple jam, roll into small balls.

Method:


In a mixing bowl, sift flour, icing sugar and salt.

Add in cold butter cubes and just a whisk, whisk the butter and flour mixture until butter becomes crumbly.

Add beaten egg yolks and mix until the egg is fully incorporated.  DO NOT OVERMIX.

Divide the dough into small portion. (as my hands are relatively warm, I work in really small portion). Roughly roll into a disk before chilling.

Roll each portion of dough into a 0.5 to 0.7cm thick between layers of plastic sheet. 

Dip the cookie cutter with corn starch, remove excess and cut the dough with cookie cutter.

Transfer onto cookie sheet. 

Brush with egg wash and press pineapple jam lightly.

Bake for 10 mins or until cookie turns brown.

Let it cool slightly before transferring to cooling rack.


Cool completely before storing in air tight container.






  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.