Monday 10 September 2018

Beef Rendang (Thermomix) (2)

Its been a while I last cook Beef Rendang (2).  Using Thermomix to blend my chilli paste is a breeze now.  The quality is so fine and I no longer has a major clean up with I fry the rempah.

I think I must explore more curry recipes from now on.



Learning experience: 

The beef was not tender enough so I transfer it into a pot, add in 200ml water, bring to a boil and let it sit overnight and further cook it the next day, on very low heat for 1 hr in order for it to be soft.  (I add in another 500ml water)

Tastewise, this is good.

What you need:

1kg beef, cut into cubes
80g garlic cloves
300g shallots
5 stalks fresh lemongrass
8 cashew nuts
15 dried chillies, rinsed, soaked and deseed
25g galangal
25g turmeric
25g fresh ginger
100g oil
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground fennel
2 tsp salt
150g coconut milk
2 fresh turmeric leaves, trimmed and shredded
2 tbsp brown sugar

Method:

Place garlic, shallots, lemongrass, candlenuts, dried chillies, galangal, turmeric, ginger and oil into TM bowl, grind 15 sec/sp10. 

Add in ground cumin, ground fennel and 1 tsp salt. Saute 15 min/120°C/sp 1 until fragrant.

Add in beef, coconut milk, turmeric leaves, brown sugar and 1 tsp salt.  Cook 30 mins/100°C/reverse/sp spoon.



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.