Thursday 6 September 2018

Mango Yoghurt Jelly Cake 芒果乳酸燕菜蛋糕

I am always amazed by all those pretty agar agar cakes and 3D jelly cakes.  Though I wanted to dabble my hand into it but I just lack that patience.  The one and only one I attempted was this Cathedral Jelly (Broken Glass Jelly) and it definitely needed lots of patience and time for it.

So since today is a quiet afternoon with most house chores done, I shall have some fun with this Mango Yogurt Jelly Cake 芒果乳酸燕菜蛋糕 .


Learning experience: 

I think because of the mango puree, the jelly has a hint of sour and my hub likes it.  What I failed is that some of the pieces, I did not "scratch" the layers well enough so it fell off after cutting.

I also realised that my fridge is not really level so the layers are not even.

Texture wise, personal preference is that I like mine a little more firm but the hub is fine with it.

Thanks for sharing this recipe, I had fun doing it.

What you need:

Mango layer (yellow)

700ml Mango yogurt drink
200ml water
10g agar agar powder
1 tsp jelly powder
120g sugar
100g mango puree

Milk layer (white)

300ml milk
200ml water
5g agar agar powder
50g sugar

Clear layer

7g agar agar powder
1 tsp jelly powder
300ml logan water (from 1 can)
300ml water
50g sugar
3 pcs pandan leaves

Fruit of your choice, diced small.

Method:

Prepare an 8” square mould.

Combine all ingredient from mango layer except mango puree into a bowl.  Stir to mix well.  Bring to a boil and lower to low heat.

Pour in mango puree and bring to a boil.  Remove from heat.

Pour ½ of the mango agar solution into the mould and let it set to semi-hard.

Combine all ingredient from milk layer into a pot, mix well and bring to a boil.

Pour ½ into the semi-set mango layer.  Let it set to semi-hard.

Combine all ingredients from clear layer and bring to a boil. 

Pour ½ of the clear agar mixture into the semi-set milk layer.

Scatter diced fruits evenly.

Pour in the remaining clear agar mixture onto the fruits.  Let it set.

Pour in the remaining milk agar mixture onto the set agar mixture.  Let it set.

Lastly pour in the remaining mango agar mixture onto the milk layer.  Let it set.

Chill in the fridge until it solidifies before cut and serves.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.