Monday 29 October 2018

Swirl bread

I bought a cube bread tin during my last holiday.   It was an impulsive buy at first because I find it cute but subsequently I regretted not getting a pair.

Anyway, today I shall try out this Swirl bread.


Learning experience: 

I failed in my mission to turn this into a cubed bread.  I shall try again.  Nevertheless, the bread is very soft and fluffy.

Another learning point is that I must roll out more and try to fold as tight as possible for it to have more swirl.


What you need:

150g bread flour
30g wholemeal
20g cake flour
1/3 tsp salt
1/3 tsp instant yeast
20g sugar
10g milk powder
25g unsalted butter, room temp
110g water
1 small egg

Mix to form a paste
10g cocoa powder
15g water

Method:

Combine water (110g) and flours together and mix to form a rough dough.  Let it sit for 1 hour.

Add in the remaining ingredients (except butter) and knead until smooth.

Knead in softened butter until it reached windowpane stage.

Shape into a ball, cover and let it rest for 1 hour or until double in size.

Punch down and divide into 2 portions.  

Shape into a ball for the white and cover and let it rest for 10 mins.

For the chocolate, knead in the chocolate paste until evenly distributed and shape into a ball.  Cover and let it rest for 15 mins.

Flatten with a rolling pin for both flavours.  

Roll into an oblong for both portions.  The width should be the same as your cube pan.

Stack chocolate onto white dough and roll tightly into a log.

Pinch the sides and the seam.

Cover and let it proof for 40 mins.

Bake 25 – 30 mins at 180°C.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.