Monday 6 July 2020

Char Siu Bao 叉烧包

Trying to make Char Siu Bao 叉烧包 today.

I had done a homemade char siew yesterday which I had already journal down this recipe here. 

This bao recipe was shared by a FB friend so I was really keen to try it myself.



Learning experience:

I have modified the method as I don't have a bread machine.  Also, the dough was not soft enough for me to work on, thus I add on more proofing time.

Overall, the texture is really good, soft and fluffy.



Thanks, C for sharing this wonderful recipe.

Adapted

What you need:
yield: 11 buns

250g plain flour
100g water 
20g full cream milk 
30g sugar 
4g instant yeast 
½ tsp baking powder 
25g corn oil

Method:

In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and on low speed, knead to form a dough.

Increase speed and continue to knead until dough leaves the side of the bowl and is smooth.

Shape into a ball and cover.  Let it proof for 30 mins.

Divide the dough into 40g each.  Shape into a ball and bench rest for 15 mins, covered.

Flatten the dough and roll into a disc.  Keeping the centre thicker and edges thin.

Wrap the dough with fillings, pleat to seal.  Place on a bao lining and into the steam tray.

Proof about 30 to 40 mins, steam at high heat for 10 mins.

Serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.