Friday 3 July 2020

Sourdough: Cinnamon knot

I saw my friend LC make some cute little Cinnamon Knot the other day and she shared the link on how to shape it.

I love Richard Bertinent video as he is so clear with his instruction that I bought all his books but as usual, I only drooled on the pictures.

Anyway, today, I used the same sourdough recipe that I did the other day and try this shaping method instead.

Also, I like RB's cinnamon paste as it is less messy to handle.

So tada.... let me present to you, Sourdough Cinnamon Knot.


Learning experience:

When spreading the cinnamon paste, just spread a thin layer will do.  I lost a lot of the fillings as I was being greedy, so when I cut the strip into 3s. Most of the fillings already oozed out. Was quite messy in the end.

Nevertheless, it was very good.

Next time, I will sprinkle sugar on it to caramelised it further.

Definitely a keeper!


What you need:
Yield: 8 pcs

Cinnamon paste

60g butter
110g brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon powder

Sugar glaze

25g water and 25g sugar.  Melt.

Method:

Cream butter until softened and add in brown sugar and cinnamon powder.  Cream it until well combined and removed.  (you can store in the freezer for the leftover).

Roll the dough into 12 X 9".

Spread the cinnamon paste and fold lengthwise into 3s.

Cut into 12 strips (1.5").

Make 3 slits in each strip and plait. Then roll up.

Seam down onto the muffin pan.  Cover and proof for 1 hour.

Egg wash and bake at 200 deg for 15 - 20 mins or until golden brown.

Brush immediately with sugar glaze.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.