Monday, 7 April 2014

White Bread Loaf (Air Fryer)

Ever since I bought my air fryer, I am determined not to turn it into a white elephant.  

This time I spotted an interesting White Bread Loaf recipe and it does looks easy to prepare and true enough I was able to get the loaf ready before my lunch date with my pals.

After I put the dough into the air fryer, I went to take a shower.  After I came out, I can detect a strong burnt smell in the air.  Immediately I thought that my bread will be a goner.  Run down and realised that it was burnt because of the top heating element.

Darn, should have baked it into small bun instead.

After it was cooled down, I quickly sliced a few slices to bring to my girl friends for feedback.  

Verdict: It was soft and fluffy and tasted good.  In fact SL wanted the recipe so that she can try too.

Thanks CP for sharing this recipe via the FB Air Fryer group.

Note: This recipe best eaten fresh within a day.  It will not stay soft the next day but you can toast it and slap on some jam or butter and it will be still okay.


What you need:

A
300g plain flour
2 tbs honey
2 tbs condense milk
1 tsp salt
2 tsp instant yeast

B
1 small egg
150ml cold milk

C
30ml olive oil

Method:

Mix (A) add (B). Knead to a dough.

Mix (C) & knead to a smooth dough.

Proof till it double in size.

Punch it down, shape & rest 10 - 15mins.

Brush with water.

AF at 160°C for 20mins.

8 comments:

  1. es, i saw your post in FB :)... one of those days isn't it? neh'mind... pat pat your back.... i will eat it anytime... burnt or not burnt... but just because you made it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Edith,

    Interesting that you have your air fryer to bake this bread. I thought of buying it initially but can't think of any purpose for me to use it :p Now, I'm changing my opinion...

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zoe, I have been thinking about it when their first model came out but held back until now.

      Delete
  3. Hi Edith, I didn't know air fryer can be used to bake bread. I was told it is good for deep fried food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Kimmy it can bake as well.

      Delete
  4. I try air fryer sweet bun but come out surface is hard but inside is soft?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue, mine is okay. still fluffy and soft.

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by. If you have attempted those recipes posted here, do share with me your learning journey. Leave a note or two to let me know you are around and an opportunity for me to say hi too.
Anonymous might be considered spam mail.