Friday 24 May 2013

Braised Fish with Mushrooms

I bought some White Shimeji, I never know this was what it was called.  To me, it is just another variety of mushroom.  But I am glad that these days, it is so much cheaper than in the past.  


Since I can't take chicken for now, I bought some fish yesterday.   I decided for our lunch, we shall eat Braised Fish with mushroom.  We usually have a no meat Friday but someone told me that fish was acceptable.

This can also be a vegetarian dish.  Just omit the fish.


I was flattered that my girl said it is like from the restaurant!

I am linking this post to Little Thumbs Up event organised by Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen of My Little Favourite 123 DIY and hosted by Joyce of Kitchen Flavours with the selected ingredient this month, ' Mushroom'.



What you need:

500g fried fish 
1 box of beancurd (for frying)
6 dried shittake mushroom, softened and sliced
1 box of fresh White Shimeji 

6 fresh shittake mushroom, sliced
3 slices ginger
4 cloves garlic, crushed.

Seasoning


1 tsp salt
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp light soya sauce
1.5 cup water


1/2 tbsp corn flour mixed with three tbsp water for thickening
Method :


Pat dry bean curd and coat with corn flour.

Pat dry fish and coat with plain flour.

Deep fried both bean curd and fish till golden brown.  Set aside.

Heat wok with oil and sautee ginger and garlic till fragrant.

Add in all the mushrom and seasoning sauce.  Bring to a boil. 

Lower heat and add in fried fish and beancurd.  Simmer for 10 mins.

Thicken sauce with corn starch mixture. 

Serve hot.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Edith,
    This is a lovely dish! Adding fish is a great idea. Buna Shimeiji is much cheaper now compared to before. And can get it quite easily too.
    Your girl is getting more confident and good at baking and cooking! Thumbs up to her!
    Thank you for linking to LTU!
    Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes these days Shimeji is so affordable. Time to eat more.

      Yes my girl is def getting more confident and she is enjoying it and that is what matter most.

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.