Friday, 28 June 2013

Wintermelon Sweet Soup (冬瓜糖水)

Some weeks ago, I double boiled wintermelon sweet soup and my kids didn't take to it too well.  They dislike mushy food.  Thus when I saw a FB group member posted a similar recipe Wintermelon Sweet Soup (冬瓜糖水) but in an very interesting way, I knew I need to try it to see whether I can fool my kids.

With such the intense heat and haze, taking such soup is good for the body to ward off those heatiness in the system.

I didn't want it to be too liquidity thus I actually reduced the water by 500ml.   This method has no wastage at all.  

Personally I find it easy to consume as a drink rather than 糖水, unfortunately I didn't manage to fool my kiddos though. 

Haiz....

Thanks VO for sharing this recipe.



Note: If I were to make this again, I think I will leave some melon cubes instead for bites.  

What you need:

2kg wintermelon (deskin and deseed)
1l of water
rock sugar to taste
4 -5 pandan leaves

Method:

Cube wintermelon to 1"X1".

Add water and pandan leaves and boil for 30 mins.

Add rock sugar and adjust according to taste.  Continue to simmer till sugar melted.

Using a hand blender, blend the wintermelon.

Serve either hot or cold.





Cheers

1 comment:

  1. Edith, I like this sweet soup with the 冬瓜in it. Long time never made this...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. If you have tried a recipe, do share with me your experience. It will be nice to hear from you. Cheers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...