Tuesday 17 September 2013

Snowskin Mooncake (Phoon Huat Premix)

During the 10 days workshop, I was provided with Phoon Huat Snowskin Premix to conduct the classes.  I have tried KCT's but never Phoon Huat's.

The dough is very easy to put together and surprisingly the kids love it.  Some even came back for a second session just to make more.

It is also my first time using jelly mould to mould out the moonies.  Initially I had fear that it will get stuck but my fear was unfounded. 

The only set back is that you need to be really patient to "ease" the dough into the mould so that the imprint will be clear.  Also due to the different mould sizes, the dough and fillings cannot be standardised if you wanted an even thickness of the dough and fillings to all the mooncakes.



What you need:

500g snowskin premix (Phoon Huat)
400g water (add more if dough is dry)
100g shortening
flavouring
colouring

Method:

Mix premix with water and able to bring together to form a dough.

Add in shortening and knead till soft and smooth.  If you feel dough is dry, add in a little water at a time.  Continue to knead till it is smooth.

Let the dough rest for 15 min to an hour.

Divide dough and shape into round.

Flatten and wrap fillings.

Shape with mould.



Cheers

2 comments:

  1. That's so gorgeous! I think I shall have to wait till next year for more moonckes:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every year, I seems to be so busy that I don't have opportunity to try other methods. I hope next year will be a better year.

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.