Tuesday 2 August 2016

1" pancake

I love pancakes and am always looking out for a good one.   So far, this is my favourite.

Been seeing alot of "tall" pancake lately and it reminded me so much like those being sold in the Min Chang Kueh stall when I was young.   Come to think about it, I can hardly see such pancake being sold these days except the one in Pek Kio market.

I am trying out a new pancake recipe and I decided to serve my 1" pancake for breakfast.


Verdict: Indeed fluffy and since I added in some cheese, my kids were delighted.

A recipe keeper.

What you need:
Serve 9

210g plain flour
12g baking powder
25g sugar
½ tsp salt
25g butter, melted
1¼ cup milk
1 egg

Method:

Combine flour, baking powder, sugar and salt together.

In a bowl, whisk egg, milk and melted butter.

Mix into the flour mixture until no lumps.

Heat the non stick pan together with mousse rings, and coat a layer of oil on both pan and rings.  Wipe off excess with a kitchen towel.

Lower heat to small, pour batter into ring till half full, add in cheese and top off 1 tbsp of batter.

Let it cook until it is brown.  Turn over and press the pancake downwards, until the pancake touch the pan.

Continue to cook until it is brown.

Remove gently with a butter knife.

Serve with fruits/maple syrup.


Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.