Thursday 24 January 2019

Macadamia Sugee Cookie

Sugee Cookie seems to be a cookie that is lost and forgotten.  These days, you will see lots of people baking German cookies or butter cookies but you hardly see anyone baking Sugee Cookie.

I passed by a fair the other day and one of the booths was offering this.  Seeing it actually brought back memories of some of the good old days CNY goodies being offered.

There are two types of recipes for this cookie.  One with semolina flour and the other without but the main ingredient and cannot do without is ghee!

Having said that, ghee is actually clarified butter so if you don't have ghee on hand, you still can make it with butter but a little step more.  (you can google for clarified butter).

There is also the signature crack created by baking soda.  

So here I am today, went through my little library and found a recipe.  I immediately knew I can bake this right away.

Firstly, it uses just plain flour.  That fits my situation perfectly as I don't have semolina flour and am not willing to go rub shoulder with the huge crowd out there.

Secondly, I think without baking soda, it should taste nice as I can live without its signature crack. 😜😜

Thirdly, I have many bags of icing sugar given by a friend that I need to find ways to use it up!

Fourthly, my blog reader turned friend, A was so kind to lug back a big bag of macadamia nuts for me.  After all these years, she still thinks about me whenever she comes to Singapore.  Love you so much.... 💓

Lastly, and most importantly, I have a can of ghee in the fridge! Using it up will allow my fridge space for my CNY goodies.

Now, let me present my Macadamia Sugee Cookie.



Learning experience: 

Though it is pop size, the mini ice cream scoop is still too big after baked.  Next round, I definitely have to make it smaller to make it in a petite size.

Overall, the taste is good and with some bits of macadamia nuts, it is yummy.

Adapted: Mrs Leong

What you need:

400g ghee
300g icing sugar
700g plain flour
200g macadamia nut, toasted and chopped finely


Method:

Cream ghee and sugar until light and fluffy.

Knead in the flour and nut to form a soft dough.  Wrap in cling wrap and set aside for 4 hours.

Preheat oven to 120°C.  Lined a baking sheet.

Use a mini ice cream scoop to scoop out the dough.  Form into a ball and using a fork to form an impression.

Bake for 20 - 25 mins.



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.