Monday 28 September 2020

Air fried Five Spice Chicken 烤五香雞

During a small pocket of time, while checking on FB, this Roast Five Spice Chicken 烤五香雞 captivated me.  Am glad that I marinate this overnight as the flavour is more in dept.

Ever since I discovered these tiny chicken, I am getting the hang of handling whole chicken.  In fact, I am loving it because it is still juicy.

Now that I butterfly the chicken, it is so fast to cook. 


Adapted

What you need:

2 small chicken, wash and drain.  Remove the butt.
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp five spice powder
1 tbsp light soy sauce (as my soy sauce is rather dark)
2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp sesame oil 

Method: 

Using a scissor, butterfly cut the chicken.  Starts from the breast. 

In a bowl, combine all the marinate and mix well.

Rub well into the chicken. Let it chill overnight in the fridge. 

Preheat air fryer to 180⁰C for 3 mins.
 
Roast for 10 mins for each chicken. 

Baste the marinate once during the roasting.


Brush a thin layer of sesame oil once out of the oven.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.